Sunday

Gift

Yeah...
Woken up at 0 dark thirty by the howling wind and rain...I guess the storm was waiting for the right time.
Thank you.
I slept near XXXXXX but the water came up into the dirt sometime around 1 am, I woke up and drove up on to the wagon trail road a bit away forgetting the canyon is a reverse funnel of sorts. I am not the greatest at measuring wind but I would say it was blowing 40 knots against the van and rocking it hard.
I love it.
Seek and ye shall find...
No surfing yesterday, just hikes and then a fire, another hike and then more fire.
I love the smell of my clothes this morning.

Sometimes a surf trip has little to do with surfing, like the boards on the van are just an excuse to be rolling down the road.

I did manage a repair to my paddle shaft using 1 hour epoxy, 8 ounce cloth, a large baggie and some masking tape. Poor mans vacuum bagging with post curing courtesy of my rear heater fan.

I haven't spoken a word aloud, not even to myself since I don't know when.
Friday?
Silence is a calming influence.
Just as walking in the windy, moaning woods is a salve for the mind and heart.
Alone.

Not alone though, as my heart is so full lately.
Some mutter 'too full' and I believe them.
So?
Ok, they are right, now, tell me how to empty it, will ya?

 Going to let the south wind blow me towards home today.



No, not really...just a cool song I have been covering for years, when home seems complicated and distant and the road, be it under my van wheels, bike tires or my feet, seems more like home than any where.

The lament of a human addicted to travel, to never waking up in the same place twice.
Fearful of the routines we are so enslaved to.
We?
Yep.

Just where is home anyway?







See ya kiddies, be safe, there be sharks about...and one of these days...
Yes, you never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment