Monday

Anniversary

Yeah.

So my 9 year anniversary is coming up, Halloween to be precise.
My marriage hasn't been easy, few are.
But her and I have come this far.
Feels good man.
Really good.
Mostly.
Like any thing in this life, ups and downs are a part of it all.
I get that, always have.
Accept the good with the bad.
Highlight and enjoy what there is and turn your back on the rest.
Never hold any hurts too long.

Never feed the wrong monsters in your head.

I confess to having done those things.

On occasion.

I also let myself get caught up in a whirlwind by simply being human.

No excuses though.

My wife, through thick and thin, has been behind me. When she wasn't, I hurt. Who wouldn't?
But, like anything given water and Sun, life and love grows.

I just want to say thank you, Crystal.
For your patience, understanding and support of your crazy old surfer dude.

And sorry for so kicking your ass at rummy last night.
And it wasn't even dark yet.
Here is a flying surfboard award for you.
Love you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment