Friday

So...

Got my brakes finished up so the Happy Van is now 88 percent of it's bad ass self....the self adjuster had froze up on the drivers side rear and burned everything up...brakes are messy anyway but you haven't gotten dirty till you have pulled a smoked wheel cylinder.

Watched "Bustin down the door" last night, finally...decent movie I guess.

It's Friday so....I am looking for surf, south wind is at 18 knots but the swell is hovering at 10' according to the buoys, hmmm, where to?
Nothing to do but look around and check for something rideable.

I need to pick up resin and glass for two boards I am shaping, another mini for me and another pintail log for....me.
Yep, board whore...though really I have not shaped a board for myself since the beginning of the year (sold it) and what I am riding now was shaped at least two years a go.
Unlike the rest of you rippers, I only have three boards in rotation, the mini, the log and the SUP.
Of course, that covers everything I come across.
Funny that.
Going with boxes on the mini because sometimes you just need more fin.
Not 'fins', fin.
Taller anyway.
I took off on a bigger closeout a few days a go and tried to push a bottom turn as hard as I could in an effort to spin the mini out. It held and I guess I only spin it when I turn in the pocket or I am not out far enough on the flat.
I am using 5 by 9's on the corners, it held in bigger SC but seems to get spun when I am in a hollow drop or a steep pocket.
Hmmm...6 by 9 maybe...of course, who makes those fins?
No one.

Anyway, elections are coming up, thank goodness, get it over with, had enough of Art Robinson and his merry band of religious nuts.
Speaking of which..the Jehovah's stopped by yesterday while I was talking to my bong.
I asked them when I could come by their house and interrupt them...fuck your religion.
Why these people do this...it's plain old rude.

Well, that's all I got, it's a nice moon out so there is that...lots of stars too but they belong to some one else right now...
See ya, do the right thing, vote responsibly, your child will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment